How to Register
- On MyUTK choose Self Service Banner.
- Select ‘Student‘ then select ‘Registration‘
- Select ‘Banner 9 Registration—New‘.
From the registration landing page you can select from the following actions:
- Prepare for Registration,
- Plan Ahead,
- View Registration Information,
- Register for Classes,
- Browse Classes, and
- Browse the Course Catalog.
- Registration Date and Time – Listed under your profile information shaded on the home page.
- Any Advising Requirements – Listed under the “Academic Resources” menu. Click on “Add/Drop Classes.”
- Any Holds – Listed under the “My Services” menu. Click on “My Holds.”
- Timetable of Classes – Listed under “Top Links.” Click on “Search for Classes.”
Summer & Fall 2021 Registration
The Summer and Fall 2021 timetables are now live.
Summer registration is currently open. Taking summer courses is an excellent way to demonstrate and enhance your focus, ambition, and motivation. Visit the Summer @ Rocky Top website for more information.
Fall registration begins the week of April 5. Log into MyUTK to confirm your registration window.
To find the course format (face-to-face, hybrid–a combination of face-to-face and online, and online), check the “attributes” section on a course listing. Learn more about your schedule and course attributes by clicking the button below.Understanding Your Schedule
Register for classes based on your classification. Check your registration date and time using View Registration Status in MyUTK.
Prerequisite—A course you are required to complete as a condition for enrolling in a class where current familiarity with the subject is essential. For example, you must successfully complete Accounting 301 (prerequisite) before enrolling in Accounting 321.
Corequisite—This course must be taken simultaneously (or prior to) another course so you are prepared to succeed in the other course. For example, you must take Business Administration 341 at the same time or before taking Business Administration 342.
If you failed a course that is a prerequisite to another, you will not be allowed to register for the next class until completing the requirements. Anytime you do not have the proper prerequisites or corequisites for a course you registered to take, it may be involuntarily dropped from your schedule after all opportunities to add another course have passed.
The mini-term allows you to attend one concentrated credit course. The courses and instructors reflect a broad base of offerings for an intensive study program. Courses cover information included in regular offerings, but many are supplemented with films, team teaching, field trips, independent research projects, and specialized study. You must be admitted for summer semester before registering for a mini-term. The courses follow the same standards as those in a regular semester. Mini-term grades are included in the calculation of the summer term grade point average. You must have permission from the dean of the respective college to enroll in more than one course during a mini-term since one day is equivalent to one week. Mini-terms are not eligible for financial aid.
Senior Citizens: Enroll In or Audit Classes
Are you 65 or older? You may enroll in courses for credit at a reduced rate of $7 per semester hour.The student is responsible for other special fees (e.g., program fees, course or lab fees, college specific fees, parking, late fees, graduation fees, etc.) as needed.
Follow these steps to register:
- You must be admitted to UT by either Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Admissions.
- Complete the senior citizen registration form for enrolling in credit courses.
- Get instructions to register for classes on MyUTK.
- Submit a photocopy of identification that will verify your age and valid Tennessee residency. This identification can be a driver’s license or passport with birth date. You can submit documentation to the Registrar’s Office or to One Stop.
- For the Registrar’s Office, you can take documentation in person, via mail 209 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996, fax 865-974-2606, or email (scanned) to: email@example.com.
- For One Stop, you can send documentation by fax 865-946-3223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you 60 or older? You may audit courses at UT without paying fees.
Follow these steps to register:
- Submit a photocopy of identification that will verify your age and valid Tennessee residency. This identification can be a driver’s license or passport with birthdate. You can submit documentation to the Office of the Registrar or to One Stop.
- For the Office of the Registrar, you can take documentation in person, via mail 209 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996, fax 865-974-2606, or email (scanned) to: email@example.com.
- For One Stop, you can send documentation by fax 865-946-3223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the senior citizen registration form. Submit this completed form to 209 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996; or, fax (865-974-2606); or, scanned and sent via email to: email@example.com.
- Locate courses being offered for the term you are interested in on the Schedule of Classes. It lists semester dates, course days and times, locations, and instructors.
- Submit confirmation from the instructor. Get an add slip. The form can be mailed, faxed, or scanned and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. An email message from the instructor giving you permission to audit the course will also be accepted.
- You will be assigned a NetID—the username associated with your accounts at UT. It allows you to access various systems such as your UT email and Online@UT, our course management system. Set up your NetID password on the Office of Information Technology website.