Due to regulations set forth by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), once a student has registered for their first semester at UT, One Stop becomes limited in what they can discuss with those that are not the student or an authorized user.
What is an Authorized User?
An Authorized User is someone designated by the student as a person that One Stop can talk to about topics related to financial aid, billing statements, payments, verification, and other outstanding requirements needed.
How Can a Person Become an Authorized User?
- Log into MyUTK.
- Select “FERPA Financial Release Form.”
- Click on “Authorized Users” under “My Profile Setup.”
- Read the FERPA regulations.
- Click on “Add Authorized Users” in the gray bar at the top of the page.
- Complete the section “Add Authorized User” and click “Continue.”
- Read the FERPA Agreement, click “I Agree,” and click “Continue.”
- The Authorized User will receive two emails that will include:
- A URL to log into the portal
- Their temporary password