Skip to content



Your academic advisor is a department or college-based member of the faculty or staff. You are assigned to an advisor based on your major or exploratory track.

For more information, go to UT’s Undergraduate Academic Advising website.

Graduate Students

Every graduate student must have an advisor from your major department. Many departments assign a temporary advisor when you begin your studies.

Learn about UT’s advising policy.

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.

Report an accessibility barrier