Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Name and Contact Information Updates


Legal Name Change

To change your legal name at UT, you must submit a Change of Name Request form along with the appropriate documentation.

Follow these steps:

  1. Print the Change of Name Request form and complete it.
  2. Attach the appropriate documentation as listed on the form.
  3. Email, fax, mail, or bring the form and documentation in person to One Stop.
Get the Form

Chosen First Name

Any student at UT can request to use a chosen first name you wish to be known by or identified by on campus. No legal documentation must be provided.

More Information

Address Change

If your address changes, go to MyUTK and select Update Student Addresses. In the dropdown menu, select the address to be edited and choose submit. If you need further help, contact One Stop.

Other Places to Change Your Information

  • Payroll Office—If you are a UT employee you must also complete a new W–4 form in Human Resources Management, 224 Conference Center Building, 865-974-5251.