Legal Name Change
To change your legal name at UT, you must submit a Change of Name Request form along with the appropriate documentation.
Follow these steps:
- Print the Change of Name Request form and complete it.
- Attach the appropriate documentation as listed on the form.
- Fax the form and documentation, mail it, or bring it in person to One Stop.
Preferred First Name
Any student at UT can request to use a preferred first name you wish to be known by or identified by on campus. No legal documentation must be provided.More Information
If your address changes, go to MyUTK and select Update Student Addresses. In the dropdown menu, select the address to be edited and choose submit. If you need further help, contact One Stop.
Other Places to Change Your Information
- Payroll Office—If you are a UT employee you must also complete a new W–4 form in Human Resources Management, 224 Conference Center Building, 865-974-5151.
- Hodges Library—Fill out an address change form at the circulation desk or call 865-974-4351.