Academic transcripts are $10 each and can be ordered and paid for online. The quickest way to receive a secure copy of your transcript is by electronic download.
UPDATE: Printed Transcript Pickup December 19-23, 2022 | During the week of December 19-23, 2022, students who ordered a print copy of their transcripts can pick them up at the Registrar’s Office, located at 209 Student Services Bldg. Outside of this one week, One Stop is the normal pickup location. Thank you!
Academic transcripts can only be released when your student account has no outstanding financial obligations or holds. UT will not issue transcripts, diplomas, certificates of credit, or grades if there is a financial hold on your account. Transcript orders will be held for thirty days if there is a financial hold on your account. After thirty days, the order will be cancelled and you will not be charged for the transcript.
Place an Order
How Do I Check the Status of My Order?
For instructions on ordering PDF transcripts, choose “Secure Electronic Transcripts”.
- The electronic transcript must be downloaded within two business days. If the PDF is not downloaded within two days, the download link will expire.
- Transcripts that are never downloaded are not re-sent. No refunds will be given.
- You can authorize UT to send a transcript directly to a third party.
- Any official transcript that goes to a student is stamped “Issued to Student.”
PDF Orders for other Colleges and Universities:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, uses Parchment to process transcripts for current and former students. When ordering a transcript to go to another college or university, please review the Search our Recipient Table in the recipient section of the ordering portal. If the college or university you need is not listed or only offers to send the transcript via USPS mail, then here is an option for sending electronically:
- Please confirm that your designated institution accepts electronic transcripts and they have given you the designated email address.
- Under the Recipient(s) section: Instead of searching the recipient table, choose Enter Recipient Manually.
- From the drop menu for “This recipient is” choose: A business of other third party.
- Enter all other information as instructed.
- Once you have completed the required section, click next.
- You now have the option of sending your transcript to a college or university as a pdf.
You may ask for your transcript to be mailed to you through the US mail. Directions for attaching an additional document to your transcript are provided in the transcript ordering system.
UT also offers FedEx delivery for your transcript. The order is processed within one business day and delivered in one to two business days. This service is only available if the recipient address can receive FedEx delivery (Note: FedEx cannot deliver to PO boxes).
You can authorize UT to send a transcript directly to a third party. Any official transcript that goes to a student is stamped “Issued to Student.”
|Services||Transcript Fee||Transcript Fee, effective January 1, 2019
|FedEx Express to a destination in the 48 continental states in the United States||$20 per transcript||$23 per transcript|
|FedEx Express to a destination in Alaska or Hawaii||$23 per transcript||$30 per transcript|
|FedEx Express to a destination outside of the United States||$43 per transcript||$53 per transcript|
These transcripts are printed on security paper that contains tests for authenticity. Any official transcript that goes to a student is stamped “Issued to Student.” You can ask for a copy of your transcript to pick up at One Stop, located on the bottom floor of Hodges Library at 1015 Volunteer Boulevard. (Find us on the campus map.)
You can also designate in your online order for someone else to pick up the transcript. That person must show photo ID at One Stop.
Transcripts requested for pick up are not available the same day. They will be ready 24 hours after your request is processed.
Your academic history includes all final grades, terms attended, and academic standing. It may help with your academic advising. The university does not print these reports and does not send them by email or regular mail.
Access your academic history on MyUTK in Academic Resources.