To change your name at UT, you must submit a Change of Name Request form along with the appropriate documentation.
Here are the steps:
- Print a copy of the Change of Name Request form and complete it.
- Attach the appropriate documentation as listed on the form.
- Fax the form and documentation, mail it, or bring it in person to One Stop.
If your address changes, you can log into MyUTK and select “Update Student Addresses.” In the drop down menu, select the address to be edited and choose submit. If you need further help, contact One Stop.
Other Places to Change Your Information
- Payroll Office – If you are a UT employee then you must also complete a new W-4 form in Human Resources Management, 224 Conference Center Building, 865-974-5151.
- Hodges Library – Fill out an address change form at the circulation desk or call 865-974-4351.
UT Web Directory and Your Information
Much of the information for student listings in UT’s web directory comes from the Registrar’s Office. It is not possible for you to edit your address entry in the web directory. Changes in addresses or phone numbers must be made on MyUTK. The changes will appear on the web directory within a week when classes are in session and you are enrolled.
Your Information and Privacy
If you do not want to be listed in the student directory or the web directory, print the Request for Directory Exclusion form and submit it.Get the Form