We are sorry to hear that you’re considering no longer attending the University of Tennessee. We are here to help you make the best decision for you and your future. If you are not planning to return for the next fall or spring semester, please let us know.
Officially notifying the university of your impending leave will allow us to provide you with valuable information that will assist you as you leave and prepare you for your return. For step-by-step instructions, select the category below that best describes you.
- If your leave from the university is due to a co-op opportunity arranged through the Office of Engineering Professional Practice or Career Services or a study abroad opportunity arranged through the Programs Abroad Office, you do not need to submit the leave notification.
- Not staying continuously enrolled could affect financial aid for future terms. Please contact One Stop for more information on how taking a leave could affect your ability to receive aid for future semesters.
As a new student, there are two options to consider when thinking about forgoing attendance at UT. The deadline to defer your Fall 2020 enrollment to another semester is August 10, 2020.
This option is for admitted students who no longer wish to attend UT and will begin their academic experience at another university or forgo attending college. Visit admissions.utk.edu/decline to officially decline your offer of admission. By officially declining admission, you relinquish all financial aid awards, housing options, and other program opportunities.
This option is for students who have confirmed their enrollment and would like to defer their start date to another term, without penalty. Due to concerns from Covid-19, we have created an easy process for students to defer their entry term. However, there are a few things to consider. If you choose to defer your enrollment, you must agree to the following:
Please contact your admissions counselor or Norma Harrington at email@example.com for more information.
As a currently enrolled student, there are two options to consider when thinking about forgoing attendance at UT. For either option, you must notify the University.
This option if for students who would like to leave in between terms or semesters.
This option is for students who would like to leave during a term or semester.
Our helpful One Stop team is here to help you! Please contact us at 865-974-1111 so we can help address your concerns.
Log into MyUTK and follow these steps:
- Click on Banner Self-Service Home in the My Resources menu
- Click on Student
- Click on Registration
- Depending on your intention, click on Request to Withdraw or Leaving the University
- Answer all required questions and submit
Graduate, International Students, & Student Athletes
Contact one of the following offices to notify them of your leave or withdrawl:
Center for Global Engagement
College of Law