The Tennessee Connect Scholarship is offered to admitted, in-state first-year students with parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI) of $50,000-$70,000.
This $2,000 annual scholarship is good for four years. Combined with the HOPE scholarship, that is valued up to $28,000 over the course of four years.
To be eligible for the Tennessee Connect Scholarship, you must submit an admissions application by December 15. Late applicants will not be considered. No separate application is required for this award. It is granted automatically to students who meet all criteria.
|SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA||Annual Award||Four-Year
|Four-Year with average HOPE*
|Parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI) is between $50,000-$70,000||$2,000||$8,000||$24,000|
*This total could increase up to $28,000 if a student qualifies for the GAMS supplement to the HOPE scholarship award.
While this scholarship is not applicable to transfer students, we have a variety of scholarships available to UT transfer students.
- Tennessee resident
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- First-year student who enters UT in the fall semester immediately following graduation from a Tennessee high school
- Parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI) of $50,000-$70,000 (This number can be found on your parents’ taxes and will be reported on your FAFSA.)
- Submission of admission application by the December 15 deadline
- Submission of the FAFSA by February 1 prior to enrollment
- Submit the FAFSA annually by February 1
- Maintain a parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI) of $50,000-$70,000 as reported on the yearly FAFSA
- Maintain 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and federal Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Maintain required minimum eligibility for all awarded institutional, federal, and state funds
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment