The KIPP Scholarship is offered to admitted freshmen who graduate from KIPP Memphis Collegiate High School or KIPP Nashville Collegiate High School.
When combined with the HOPE Scholarship, this scholarship covers a student’s tuition and mandatory fees* for up to eight (8) semesters.
No separate application is required for this award. It is granted automatically to students who meet all criteria.
- Tennessee resident
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- First-time freshman student who enters UT in the fall semester immediately following graduation from a Tennessee KIPP high school
- Submission of admission application by the December 15 deadline
- Submission of the FAFSA by February 15, 2024 prior to enrollment
- Submit the FAFSA annually by February 15
- Maintain 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and federal Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment
Transfer students are also eligible for the KIPP Scholarship. Visit the transfer student scholarship page for more information.
How does this combine with other scholarships?
KIPP Scholars may qualify for other UT Scholarships, such as the UT Volunteer, Orange & White, Pledge, Provost, or TN Connect. When two or more scholarships are combined, your award amounts may be adjusted if your combination exceeds UT’s allowable award maximums.