Prior to the beginning of the semester, all students should:
The university sends notifications to your Volmail account. It is important to develop a routine of checking it.
- Spring 2018 Tuition and Fees are due by 4:30 on January 8.
- Pay online and be first in line every time.
- Enroll in the Deferred Payment Plan if you are unable to pay in full by the due date. Payment of 50% and failure to enroll in a payment plan will result in automatic enrollment for an additional fee.
- Complete your FAFSA. It is required for Federal, State, the HOPE, and some UT awards like the Pledge scholarship. (Federal School Code is 003530.)
- Accept or decline any awards in MyUTK.
- Review your account for any outstanding requirements in MyUTK. Awards may not appear if requirements are not satisfied.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling if you are a new loan borrower. Loans will not pay until this is done.
- External scholarships checks can be dropped off at One Stop or mailed to the Bursar’s office at 211 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-0225. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
- Quickly receive any refund from credit balances by direct deposit to your bank account.
- Refunds from excess financial aid are scheduled to begin the week of January 16. You should see those funds in your bank account within 3-5 business days.
- All other refunds, such as those generated from over payment, late tuition waivers and schedule changes will begin processing after January 31.
- Students may transfer up to $1000 in excess aid to their VolCard.
- Select VolCard Transfer under the My Financials section of MyUTK.
- Last day to request transfer for Spring 2018 is January 11 by 4:30 pm.