Prior to the beginning of the semester, all students should:
The university sends notifications to your Volmail account. It is important to develop a routine of checking it.
- Complete your FAFSA. It is required for Federal, State, the HOPE, and some UT awards like the Pledge scholarship. (Federal School Code is 003530.)
- Accept or decline any awards in MyUTK.
- Review your account for any outstanding requirements in MyUTK. Awards may not appear if requirements are not satisfied.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling if you are a new loan borrower. Loans will not pay until this is done.
- External scholarships checks can be dropped off at One Stop or mailed to the Bursar’s office at 211 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-0225. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
- Complete your FAFSA. It is required for the HOPE Scholarship.
- List UT as your #1 school on the TSAC portal so the state of Tennessee knows to send your HOPE Scholarship to us. (Federal School Code is 003530.)
- Did you take summer classes? The HOPE scholarship will not post to student accounts until summer course work is evaluated to determine continued eligibility.
- Away from UT? Submit an official transcript to the Undergraduate Admissions Office for any course work completed this summer outside of UT.
- Here at UT? Course work completed at UT this summer will be evaluated after final grades post for summer.
- Quickly receive any refund from credit balances by direct deposit to your bank account.
- Refunds from excess financial aid are scheduled to begin the week of August 27. You should see those funds in your bank account within 3-5 business days.
- All other refunds, such as those generated from over payment, late tuition waivers and schedule changes will begin processing on September 12.
- Students may transfer up to $1000 in excess aid to their VolCard.
- Select VolCard Transfer under the My Financials section of MyUTK.
- Last day to request transfer for Fall 2018 is August 23 by 3:30 pm.