- MLS Organizational Leadership – Fort Hays State University
- BS Management and Ethics – Manhattan Christian College
Previous Professional Experience in Higher Education:
- Admissions Processor, UW Staff Senate President – four years – University of Wyoming
- Office Associate, Sr. UW College of Business – one year – University of Wyoming
- Administrative Specialist, College of Agriculture – five years – Kansas State University
- Program Assistant, KSU Research Foundation – two years – Kansas State University
In 2010, I was elected to serve as a board member for the Albany County Habitat for Humanity in Laramie, WY. I worked with the family to complete their sweat equity hours, worked at the construction site, and organized community outreach events. I would like to continue my support of this great program here in Knoxville.
In 2012, I joined P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) in Laramie, WY. The organization promotes educational opportunities for women by raising money to award various higher education scholarships. I will transfer my membership to a local Knoxville chapter.
My husband and I have two Boxers that love to go for long walks and car rides. When I’m not entertaining my dogs, I like to read and cross stitch. Being new to Knoxville, I also like to explore different shopping locations and restaurants.
What You Enjoy About Working with Students:
Students are the best customers. I have truly enjoyed the last 12 years working with young adults. They have kept me feeling young with their crazy ideas, and kept me up to speed with all the changing technology and numerous social media outlets. I know I give students beneficial information about campus processes, but I have learned so much from them over the years.